Top 10 Opportunities you should Apply for this Week
Here’s what you can expect at TEDGlobal:
- A four-day stage program – Eight sessions of TED’s famous 18-minute talks
- Entertainment – Musical performances featuring local artists and other surprises
- Simulcast lounge – Watch, tweet, blog … and connect around powerful ideas
- Dinners, parties and tours – In and around Arusha and the nearby National Parks
- TED gift bag – Hand-picked by TED and our partners
- TEDConnect – Our award-winning app for meeting other attendees
Application deadline: November 13, 2016
YIEDP stands for Youth Innovative Entrepreneurship Development Programme. The Programme is aimed at harnessing the latent entrepreneurial spirit among the teeming youths by providing timely and affordable loans to implement their business ideas.
A Single Applicant can access a N3m facility while group projects jointly owned by 3-5 qualified beneficiaries can access a N10m facility. The jointly owned businesses will operate as registered partnerships.
The World Bank is announcing a global call for the World Bank Big Data Innovation Challenge to encourage solutions and prototypes that address climate change-related issues pertaining to food security, nutrition, landscapes, forestry and watersheds. We seek to identify and support the implementation of high-potential solutions and prototypes developed by academics, citizens, entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits addressing these critical areas of sustainable development.
Challenge Winners will be selected and awarded for the following categories:
- Challenge Winner: Best big data solution in the nexus area of Food Security, Nutrition and Agriculture
- Challenge Winner: Best big data solution in the nexus area of Landscapes: Forestry and Watersheds
- Honorable Mention Winner: Most innovative big data solution
- Honorable Mention Winner: Recognition award
- Honorable Mention Winner: Recognition award
Two cash prizes of $10,000 each will be awarded to two winning big data solutions or functional prototypes:
- Best big data solution on Food Security, Nutrition and Agriculture, and
- Best big data solution on Landscapes: Forestry and Watersheds.
Application Deadline: November 9th 2016 at 5:00 PM EDT.
The FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP) is a yearly recruitment exercise aimed at attracting suitably qualified and self-motivated individuals into the Bank’s Talent Pool to meet the growing manpower requirements across the enterprise. It is a talent sourcing initiative of the Bank geared towards the recruitment of young, intelligent, purpose-driven and dynamic individuals.
Come build your career with us, if you desire to be part of a premier financial service institution with multi-jurisdictional presence in major cities and countries across the globe. Take a bold step and apply for the ongoing Graduate Trainee Programme
Application Deadline: November 8, 2016
This year’s competition, themed “Diagnosis and Prognosis of the Nigerian Recession”, is opened to Students, Graduates, Professionals, Academics and all Stakeholders with interest in and understanding of the Nigerian economy.
There is a total of One million Naira Prize. Winning Entries will be published and Winners of the competition will be offered to join the CIAPS research team.
Application Deadline: November 29, 2016
The Google Online Marketing Challenge is a unique opportunity for students to experience and create online marketing campaigns using Google AdWords. Over 110,000 students and professors from almost 100 countries have participated in the past 9 years.
With a $250 AdWords advertising budget provided by Google, students develop and run an online advertising campaign for a business or non-profit organization over a three week period. The teams that develop and communicate the most successful campaigns win awesome prizes, including trips to Google offices. Students also have the opportunity to participate in the optional AdWords Certification category by studying and passing the necessary exams to become an AdWords Certified individual in the Google Partners platform.
The Challenge is open to student teams of three to six members from undergraduate or graduate programs, regardless of their major. All students must register under a verified faculty member, lecturer or instructor currently employed by an accredited higher education institute.
Professor Registration: October 5, 2016 – March 22, 2017
Student Registration: October 5, 2016 – April 5, 2017
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2017-2018 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2017 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
Application Deadline: December 1st, 2016 at 11:59 pm GMT.
Valeo is offering young students worldwide the opportunity to make the car of 2030 and the way it’s used more intelligent, intuitve, green and fun. Comprising teams of two to five people, students from any discipline can take part by presenting a relevant, innovative project in English. The aim is to stimulate the students’ creativity, enabling them to form multidisciplinary teams.
A first prize of €100,000 will be awarded on completion of the contest in each of the following categories:
- The innovation prize for the best technological innovation;
- The best idea prize for a new way to use cars.
The second prize for each in these two categories is €10,000. The deadline for submitting entries is Tuesday January 31, 2017 at 12 noon, Paris time.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2017
The Innovation Prize for Africa (IPA) is an award founded by the African Innovation Foundation (AIF) in 2011. It mobilizes African innovators and entrepreneurs by providing USD 150 000 to winners who deliver market-oriented solutions for African-led development. The prize seeks to catalyze the spirit of innovation in Africa and challenge Africans to develop creative solutions to overcome some of Africa’s greatest challenges.
The IPA 2017 will consist of three Awards and support to all nominees which will be given following the criteria outlined above:
- First Prize (US$100 000): The overall winner whose innovation demonstrates the best innovation with clear business potential
- Second Prize (US$25 000): The innovator who best demonstrates a commercially-driven business innovation. Beyond the aforementioned five criteria, this Award will be carefully assessed on its marketability and commercial potential.
- Special Prize for Social Impact (US$25 000): The innovation that demonstrates the greatest social impact.
- Nominees: The top-10 nominees shall be invited for face-to-face interviews to assess in depth their innovations as potential winners for the IPA competition. All nominees are invited to participate in the awards ceremony and receive certificates. In addition, the AIF will also provide a US$5 000 voucher to each nominee that must
be applied strictly for purposes of furthering their innovation.
- Nominees also benefit from the AIF-IPA brand, receive ongoing local, regional and international media coverage, and support and training opportunities can be mobilized for the nominees.
Application Deadline: January 3, 2017
Interns at Google bring questions and build answers. We offer a range of internships across EMEA and durations and start dates vary according to a project and location. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 1st of December, 11:59pm GMT.